Prime Minister’s respect for Bangabandhu


Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has paid tribute to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on his 48th martyrdom anniversary and National Mourning Day.
In front of the Bangabandhu Memorial Museum on Dhanmondi Road No., the Prime Minister lay a wreath before a picture of Bangabandhu. 32 in the capital on Tuesday at 6:30 am.
After laying the wreath, the Prime Minister stood there for a while in silence paying respect to the great architect of Bangladesh’s independence, Bangabandhu. A smart contingent of the Bangladesh Armed Forces gives the national salute. The bugle is played. Prayers were offered for the souls of those martyred in the August 15 massacre.
Later, along with the central leaders of the Awami League, party president Sheikh Hasina on behalf of the party placed a wreath on Bangabandhu’s portrait once again.

The Prime Minister travelled to Banani Graveyard from Dhanmondi.

There his mother Bangmata Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib, three brothers Sheikh Kamal, Sheikh Jamal, Sheikh Russell and other martyrs of August 15 are lying in eternal sleep. The Prime Minister laid wreaths at their graves. Spread flower petals. There he sent Fatiha and prayed for the forgiveness of the departed souls of the martyrs of August 15.
His younger sister Sheikh Rehana was with the Prime Minister at both places.
Today, August 15, is a day of mourning for Bengalis. On this day in 1975, the nation lost the great hero of history, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. 48 years ago Bangabandhu and his family were brutally killed by the killers who gave birth to the worst and most shameful chapter in the history of the world. Because they were travelling overseas at the time, Bangabandhu’s two daughters, current Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and her sister Sheikh Rehana managed to avoid the killing.
Although the assassins killed Bangabandhu, he has a place in the hearts of the people of Bangladesh. Today, on the day of mourning, the Bengali nation remembers with deep respect the father of the nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and his family members who were victims of the brutal massacre on August 15.

The brushfire started before the conversation ended

At that time we were staying at 27 Minto Road. August 14, 1975. And the day was busy like ten days. That day was my grandmother’s death anniversary. Every year on this day Abba goes to Barisal. But could not go that day for any special reason. In the night, except for the great uncle (Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman), his and Moni’s (Sheikh Fazlul Haque) brother’s family came to our house. After Milad, Russell, our younger brother Arif, elder brother’s (Abul Hasnat Abdullah) son Babu and other children were playing thief-cop. Many of us were talking between work.

By 10 pm, the relatives left one by one. Father came home in the evening and went out again. What an urgent meeting. Uncle was also there. Father came around 10:30. We sat down to eat with him. We usually didn’t get to see Dad much except at the dinner table at night. He used to inquire about our studies while eating. Finished eating. I went to everyone’s room.
He woke up in the early morning with a sudden sound. The baby also got up. After a while, I realized that the moment was being shot. The window glass is breaking. We two sisters ran to our parent’s house. Brothers, sister-in-law, children, younger brothers—whoever moved from their house to their father’s house.
We did not understand anything. Mother told the father to telephone his uncle’s house. Dad spoke to a grand uncle on the phone. When Mother asked, Father said seriously, he is in the same situation as us. We are all confused. Mother asked Bhabhi to call Moni Bhai. Moni Bhai understood the situation and said, put the phone down, I am watching.
In the meantime, the sound of boots was heard. The boots are going up the stairs. They entered the room. Armed, will be 15-20 people. Everyone was told to get down. Dad was holding my hand while I was going down the stairs.

We were all brought down to the drawing room.

Someone asked the father his name. Abba said, My name is Abdur Rab Serniabat. Four or five boys came from Barisal the previous day. Abba asked the armed men, who is your commanding officer? “We don’t have a commanding officer,” said one angrily.
Before the conversation ended, a brushfire started from a distance of two hands. Dad was still holding my hand. This is the first time I screamed and hugged my father. Second round again. I fell to the ground. It seemed that the father also fell over.
When I came to, I discovered that I was in a hospital. I heard Moni Bhai, Arju Apa, the people at Grand Uncle’s house – no one is alive. I screamed and lost consciousness again. 14 days passed in this state of unconsciousness, in the post-operative ward. When I regained full consciousness, the doctor said, my mother, sister and younger sister are alive with injuries in the adjacent ward. Four of us were kept in a room in the eye department on the third floor of the medical college hospital. No one else in our house is alive. Slowly everything started to become clear to me.
Later I learned that when the killers left, two security guards of our house went to Ramna police station to report. The then OC risked a lot and sent us to the hospital in his own police van.
That night, my father Abdur Rob Serniabat, cousin journalist Shahid Serniabat, sister Baby Serniabat, brother Arif Serniabat, brother’s son Sukant Babu Serniabat and member of Credence Industrial group of Barisal.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *